Youth Action have been approved as a Gateway provider for the Government’s Kickstart Scheme, providing funding to employers to create job placements for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit.
About the Kickstart Scheme
The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to create new job placements for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long term unemployment. Employers of all sizes can apply for funding which covers:
- 100% of the National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage depending on the age of the participant) for 25 hours per week for a total of 6 months
- associated employer National Insurance contributions
- employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
Employers can spread the start date of the job placements up until the end of December 2021.
What employers will receive
In addition to the wages cost, the Government are providing further
on-boarding costs per job placement. Youth Action will be on-hand to with a dedicated employability mentor for all young people on our scheme. All employers and young people will have access to:
- A Dedicated 1-1 employability support advisor/mentor
- Access employability training sessions
- Free accredited training courses
Working with members, we have our first placements approved and are hoping to have the young people in post in February.
Are you Interested?
If you have a placement to offer and would like to work with us, please get in touch. We need just a few details about your organisation and the type of roles you’re planning to offer.
Job Placement Criteria
The job placements created must be new jobs. The placements must not:
- Replace existing or planned vacancies
- Cause existing employees, apprentices or contractors to lose work or reduce their working hours
The job placements must:
- Be a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- Pay at least the national minimum wage or the national living wage for the employee’s age group
- Only require basic training
What is a Gateway
Gateway Representatives have been selected by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) as credible organisations with experience in managing partnerships agreements and have a robust financial and governance process to manage Kickstart placement procedures.
The DWP has checked and approved Youth Action as a Kickstart Gateway using the Cabinet Office Spotlight Tool.
Interested in Kickstart?
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org